Improved Twitter Functionality for iPhone App Is Just Gossips?
New functionality updates for iPhone app from Twitter social microblogging service.
Quite a momentous data leak concerning mobile version of Twitter social microblogging service has recently occurred. The very information has become available due to the updated history section on iOS 6’s redesigned App Store. 9to5mac, being the site that likes to collect rumors, has recently discovered about new enhancements that can make mobile Twitter more interactive and alike to its full PC version.
Twitter mobile version was simplified variant of its full PC version; however, these updates seem to be able to increase its interactivity, usability and discovery. One of the most useful updates will be “interactive tweet view” that will give users an opportunity to preview tweet content, images and video from sites-partners. It is worth mentioning that this looks something alike to the “Expanded Tweets” functionality, having been rolled out a month ago.
Another very important update consists of so-called targeted push notifications. For example, a user wants to be alert to the news of our internet-portal, without missing any event. With the help of updated mobile version he / she will be able to sign up for push notifications from @BizzTeams_Forum that he / she will receive with any new tweet being posted by our news resource. Such very enhancement has wide possibilities and will be especially useful for those users, who can not afford to miss specific tweets.
Well, among other enhancements it is worth mentioning the following:
• More interactive tweet view opportunity: images, videos, content preview and other possibilities that will be available within tweets, possessing sites-partners links.
• Tweets about “selected events” will be marked. Twitter will control images and relevant tweets.
• Autocomplete improvements will be available on “@Connect” tab. The social microblogging service has already implemented something the same into its full PC service version last week.
• Targeted push notifications. Option of push notifications receiving will be available for users if they choose to receive them within specific people tweets publication.
• Users while taking an advantage of this app will be able to get unostentatious service notifications, similar to Tweetbot app.
• “#Discover” tab will be able to notify users when new content becomes available for reading.
• Personalized trends.
• Users will receive an opportunity to switch to another user account page within one click on his / her avatar-image.
• Improved performance.
• Users will be able to manually input their passwords, while logging in the service.
• Hungarian interface.
• New Twitter logo will be displayed on the icon.
• Range of other tweaks, more advanced and bug robust, is also being promised to appear.
It is also interesting that the company has not announced the exact data of the official release of its version 4.3 yet.