At the conference in San-Francisco Apple introduced its new version of operating system for smartphones, tablets and players – iOS6. The company also claimed that Facebook will be integrated into the new iOS6.
At the WWDC conference held in San-Francisco on June, 11 Apple unveiled its iOS6 - a new version of operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The company also announced that the new iOS6 will be integrated with Facebook.
Scott Forstall, vice president of iOS Software at Apple, in his statement said that the main aim of collaboration with Facebook was a workout and creation of the best app of the world’s No1 social networking site for mobile devices.
It was noted at the conference that the new OS will be added with about 200 new functions. Among the most significant are the following:
• constant login. From now users will be deprived of the demand to re-login every time when they go from app to app;
• a lot of apps now are integrated into Facebook, for instance: Photos, Notification Center, GameCenter, iTunes and others;
• Siri is integrated into Facebook: from now users will be able to post status updates via their ‘voice’;
• Facebook is added with Calendar: all important events and data now will be displayed in Calendar;
• Facebook is connected to App Store: users are allowed to ‘like’ apps and follow what ‘like’ their friends;
• with the public API it will be easier for developers to integrate Facebook into their apps.
Earlier Apple used to say that the integration with Facebook will be done almost the same way the company integrated Twitter last autumn.
Apple also claimed that Twitter sharing will be integrated in the iOS6 Notification Center. Apart from that the company updated its web-browser Safari. From now there is one more function in Safari – tab synchronization via iCloud.
It is reported the new iOS6 will be officially launched this fall.